Camping La Champagne is beautifully situated on the green banks of the river Dordogne in the department of Correze (19), region of Nouvelle Aquitaine. This area features many vast forests, hills and valleys, rivers, waterfalls and lakes, and is located just west/south west of the Massif Central, a large mountain area in central France.
You’ll find our small campsite just across the river from the quiet village of Brivezac, in between the two picturesque villages of Beaulieu sur Dordogne (5 km) and Argentat sur Dordogne (15 km), discreetly hidden in between old nut, fruit, and oak trees.
The area is well known for its excellent hiking opportunities, (fly)fishing spots, challenging cycle routes, canoe rides, caves, castles and adventure sports, and within a radius of about 30 km you’ll find 5 of the most beautiful villages of France (as classified by Les plus beaux villages de France).
Have a look at this list with some of the most renowned sites in the area:
Most beautiful villages of France
- Collonges la Rouge (at 25 km from the campsite)
- Curemonte (at 16 km)
- Turenne (at 35 km)
- Carennac (at 23 km)
- Loubressac (at 24 km)
- Autoire (at 27 km)
Castles and Strongholds
- Les Tours de Merle
- Tours de Carbonnières
- Gouffre de Padirac (featuring an underground river boat ride)
- Grottes de Lacave
- Grottes de Presque
- Cascades de Murel, featuring a beautiful hike around them, and several jump options
- Cascade de Vieyres, featuring an adventurous hike and an 8m jump (click here for a small video)
- Lacombe Jean, featuring a relatively easy hike and a 4m jump
- Summer evening markets
- Les Barrages de la Vallée de la Dordogne: visit these impressive waterworks on foot, or by Gabare (old traditional wooden boat)
- The rough mountain range of the Cantal, at about an hours drive from our campsite
- For the kids: La Foret des Singes (monkey park), La Roche des Aigles (Eagle Rock), the zoo at Gramat, a ride in the local steamtrain, and numerous swimming pools with cool slides.